According to survey data, manufacturers of household medical nebulizers found that most children do not smoke, which is a good thing. However, more and more children are using electronic cigarettes, also known as vaping. E-cigarettes contain nicotine and harmful chemicals and can be as addictive as cigarettes. More than 2 million kids are using vaping, and many more say they want to try it.
What are the many powerful factors that influence a child’s use of vaping? Home medical nebulizer answers:
• Peer pressure – someone you know is using vaping
• Media – large-scale targeted advertising
• Pop culture – vaping is ubiquitous on social media, TV shows and movies
• Variety of flavors – flavors are added to vape production to make it smell and taste like pancakes, chewing gum, and thousands of other flavors
• Being misled – believing that vaping is safe
You can have a stronger impact. Your powerful message at the right time will be heard by your child.
This can be communicated to your child starting around age 5 and continuing until they graduate high school. Even if your child doesn’t appear to be listening to you, they are actually listening.
You can talk to your child about what you have and are still learning about e-cigarettes and vaping. Lead by example and don’t smoke. Don’t yell at your child, and don’t humiliate or punish your child, because it won’t help them hear you.
What are e-cigarettes and vaping products? Home medical nebulizer tells you:
• E-cigarettes or vaping cigarettes heat a liquid (e-liquid) into an inhalable aerosol (aerosol). Although e-cigarettes do not contain tobacco, they often contain nicotine and release other harmful chemicals.
• E-cigarettes come in many shapes and sizes. For example, a popular e-cigarette, the Juul, is shaped like a USB stick. Other names for e-cigarettes include: vaping, pen vaping, electronic cigars, electronic hookahs, or electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS).
Other terms used to describe the use of e-cigarettes include: vaping and Juuling.
Are e-cigarettes harmful to children and teens?
• Almost all e-cigarettes contain nicotine, and nicotine affects young people’s brain activity, which may lead to poor memory and concentration, which can lead to learning difficulties.
One capsule of e-liquid has the same amount of nicotine as 20 cigarettes.
• Children and teens are more likely to try regular cigarettes after using e-cigarettes. They may also use e-cigarettes to vape cannabis oil.
The nicotine content of one cabin of vaping liquid = the nicotine content of one pack of cigarettes
• Aerosols formed by heating e-liquids may contain harmful chemicals. Some of these chemicals, such as formaldehyde, benzene and diacetyl, have been linked to the causes of cancer or lung disease. We don’t yet know the long-term effects of exposure to these chemicals. People nearby can also inhale these chemicals from the air.
• There have been several cases of lung injury associated with the use of different vaping products, including THC (active ingredient in cannabis) tanks. Some were taken to hospital and some even died.
Why are e-cigarettes so popular among children and teens? Home medical nebulizer tells you the answer:
• Variety of flavors, convenience and pop culture! E-cigarette companies, some of which are owned by tobacco companies, have developed thousands of candy- and fruit-flavored e-liquids that kids and teens love.
• The sweet taste makes e-cigarettes seem harmless, but they are not.
• The equipment used for vaping can be small and easily concealed in schools and homes.
• Advertising and pop culture make vaping look cool. Similar to the way tobacco products are advertised, e-cigarettes are often overly glorified in movies, TV shows and social media platforms. Teenagers have even uploaded videos on YouTube showing off their vaping skills.
vape fume （https://www.fumevapors.com/）
vandy vape （http://www.vandyvape.com/）
vape pen （https://discountvapepen.com/）
vape bar （https://mipod.com/）
herb vape （https://tvape.com/）
electronic vape （https://www.electrictobacconist.co.uk/）
vape battery pen （https://vaping360.com/）